Documentation, which is sufficient (I think) belongs in the p...

Recommend this page to a friend!

AJAX Form Submitter  >  All threads  >  Documentation, which is sufficient...  >  (Un) Subscribe thread alerts  
Subject:Documentation, which is sufficient...
Summary:Package rating comment
Author:Brandon Sussman
Date:2011-06-04 13:41:38
Update:2011-08-12 00:25:05

Brandon Sussman rated this package as follows:

Utility: Sufficient
Consistency: Good
Examples: Sufficient

1. Documentation, which is sufficient...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Brandon Sussman Brandon Sussman - 2011-06-04 13:41:38
Documentation, which is sufficient (I think) belongs in the package, not in a blog entry on a website, discoverable only by inspecting the code.

2. Re: Documentation, which is sufficient...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of Arturs Sosins Arturs Sosins - 2011-06-15 10:19:34 - In reply to message 1 from Brandon Sussman
One of most common reasons for sharing developed classes/objects is to get a feedback from others developers, like errors, bugs, suggestions for improvements. Although this website allows users to express feedback in numerous options, (for example, this same support forum, rating, etc) amount of feedback that author usually receives is much less then he or she would like to.

So one of options is to provide online documentation, which firstly, would always be up to date, secondly, allows gathering statistic about how many users are actually considering learning more about your submitted object and thirdly, provides another way to leave feedback as comment section below documentation.

Although from user perspective it might not be convenient nor efficient, in my opinion, as thanks for authors work and contribution to other developers, least we could do is to allow authors to publish their objects on their own terms and conditions.

But you got a point, link to online documentation should be more easily found, thus suggesting to put it in this package's related link section.

3. Re: Documentation, which is sufficient...   Reply   Report abuse  
Picture of MohammedDiab MohammedDiab - 2011-08-12 00:25:05 - In reply to message 2 from Arturs Sosins
thanks guys for your time to share your ideas and thoughts , i will add a documentation in the class files with a link to an updated online version